Switching Between HD and SD Menus: Premiere Series DVRs
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
Premiere Series DVRs offer two menu choices
TiVo with HD Menus
TiVo with HD menus includes features such as the Discovery Bar, an intuitive tool to help you find shows easily, and a Video Window so you can watch TV or recordings as you browse or search for new shows to record.
To display the HD menus, your TiVo box must meet the following requirements:
- Connected to the TiVo service using a broadband Internet connection
- Connected to an HDTV which supports 720p or better resolution and has a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio
If you have this setup in place during Guided Setup, your Premiere Series DVR will automatically display HD menus after completing Guided Setup.
To manually switch from the SD menus to the HD menus:
From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Displays > Choose TiVo Menus > TiVo with HD Menus (Widescreen)
TiVo with SD Menus
TiVo with SD menus offers a classic interface that is similar to the one displayed by Series3 and Series2 TiVo DVRs.
You must use TiVo with SD menus in the following situations:
- If your Premiere Series DVR is connected to a standard screen TV (4:3 aspect ratio)
- If your DVR is connecting to the TiVo service using a phone line rather than a broadband Internet connection
- You do not have the 720p or greater resolution checked in the Video Output Format screen
To switch from the HD menus to the SD menus:
From TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Displays > Choose TiVo Menus > TiVo with SD Menus (Standard Screen)
To learn how to use TiVo features when you have either HD or SD menus displayed, refer to the Premiere Series guides.