Online scheduling with Find TV Shows
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
NOTE: This feature formerly was called "TiVo Central Online".
If you have a TiVo Series2 DVR, Series2 DT DVR or any high definition TiVo DVR, you can create a recording request, including 1-Click recordings and Season Passes, over the Internet using Find TV Shows. After you select a program online that you would like to record, your DVR will schedule the recording the next time your DVR connects to the TiVo service.
For instructions on how to schedule a recording online, go to How to schedule recordings on your TiVo DVR (Find TV Shows).
A drop-down menu of the DVRs on your account appears in the upper-right corner of your online scheduling display. Each DVR on your account is listed by name and picture. The default DVR in the drop-down menu is based on the DVR used to last schedule a recording. To change this, simply change the selection in the drop down menu.
- If your DVR connects to the TiVo service using a broadband connection, the DVR will check for recording requests every hour. This means you can request a program an hour or more before it airs.
- If your DVR connects to the TiVo service over a phone line, it may wait up to 36 hours between connections. You should only request programs that will not air for at least 36 hours.
Unfortunately, no. Since purchasing a Pay Per View event usually requires an additional phone call to your service provider, most Pay Per View channels are not displayed in TiVo Online Scheduling.
A picture of your DVR(s) will appear in the scheduling application. If you have more than one DVR, this will make it easier to choose which DVR you want to use when scheduling recordings online. Choose your HD-platform TiVo DVR to take advantage of the following features:
- View your Now Playing list and To Do list and select recordings that you would like to learn more about. Remember that it may take up to 24 hours to see recently scheduled recordings appear in your online To Do list. TiVo Suggestions and downloaded content are not displayed in online lists at this time. If you find that your Now Playing List is not displaying, or is out of date, please restart your DVR. If you are a TiVo Beta participant and do not see your Series3 Now Playing List or To Do List, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review your thumb ratings for particular shows appearing in your Now Playing list.
The 'Recently recorded' and 'Now Playing' list features will only appear in TiVo Online Scheduling if you have opted-in to enable these features. For more information, please see Managing Opt-in/Opt-out settings (PTCMs, Emails, and Privacy).
TiVo Online Scheduling will only recognize the e-mail address you initially used when you activated your service or first signed up with tivo.com.
If you did not give us an e-mail address when you activated your DVR, or if your e-mail address has changed, you can add your e-mail address to your account. If you're a new customer and you have not yet activated your DVR, please activate or upgrade your TiVo Service.
The following message is displayed if the name of one or more of your TiVo boxes contains special characters:
"We’re sorry, we cannot find a TV lineup for a TiVo DVR in your account. When you browse Find TV Shows section of tivo.com we will display a generic East Coast TV lineup, but you won’t be able to record shows from the web."
Your DVR name may include spaces, numbers, and letters. Using any other characters may prevent Multi-Room Viewing and will generate the message above. To resolve the issue, remove any special characters from your DVR name(s), wait 1 hour, and force a connection to the TiVo service. For instructions, see How do I force a connection to the TiVo service?
As usage of TiVo Online Scheduling grows, we may hear about problems and/or workarounds. We'll list them here and try to address them as quickly as possible. Here's what we're aware of today:
- If your online Now Playing List or To Do List is outdated, restart the DVR. The list should update within 24 hours.
- Re-requested programs are ignored unless recording options changed Let's say that you request a show at low priority, and then receive an e-mail confirmation that the show will not record because of conflicts with a previously-requested show. If you return to TiVo Online Scheduling to re-request the show, be sure to change at least one recording option in order to ensure that your TiVo Series2, TiVo Series2 DT or high-definition TiVo DVR recognizes the new request. Try requesting the show at high priority, for example, or changing one of the other recording options.
- You cannot cancel recordings from TiVo Online Scheduling unless you schedule another recording and choose to cancel any programs that conflict with 1-Click Record, 1-Click Season Pass or Record with Options.
- If you are not opted-in and have dual lineups (satellite & cable, or cable & antenna) you will not be able to see both lineups in TiVo Online Scheduling. You will see only one. So, if you are browsing by channel, or if you use the search feature on TiVo Online Scheduling, you may notice missing channels or missing search results. To opt-in, please visit Opt-In Opt-Out Status.
- Multiple requests for News & Soap Operas within a 24 hour period Certain news shows and soap operas that air every day (or multiple times per day) use the exact same (generic) program description for each airing of the show. As a result, TiVo Online Scheduling cannot distinguish one episode from another if they occur within a 24-hour period. This means, if you send multiple requests for the same news program or soap opera, your TiVo Series2, TiVo Series2 DT or high-definition TiVo DVR will only consider the first request that airs within a 24-hour period. Instead, try getting a Season Pass™ and setting "Keep At Most" to limit the number of recordings in Now Playing. For example, to make sure you always have the latest edition of the nightly news in Now Playing, get a Season Pass™ to "NBC Nightly News" and use recording options to set "Keep At Most" = 1.
NOTE: If you click on a scheduling link in an e-mail that a friend sent you, or from a website online, you may receive an error if the channel that the program airs on is not in your channel lineup.
To submit comments regarding recent enhancements to TiVo Online Scheduling, please visit: For questions or comments about TiVo Search (Beta), please contact us at email@example.com or post feedback to http://www.tivocommunity.com/searchfeedback.