TiVo Wireless G Adapter Setup
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
TiVo boxes require a compatible wireless adapter to connect to a wireless network. The TiVo Wireless G adapter is recommended because it can be used on networks that have WEP security, or WPA security, WPA-2 (Personal) security. This adapter is available for purchase at the TiVo Store.
The following procedure describes how to connect the box to your wireless network using a TiVo Wireless G Adapter.
To create a wireless connection
- TiVo Wireless G Adapter, open the adapter so that it forms an ‘L’ shape (90 degree angle). This is the best angle for wireless performance.
- Insert one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the adapter.
- Insert the other end of the cable into one of the USB ports on the back of the TiVo box.
- Configure your box to connect to your home network.
- If this is a new TiVo box, plug in the box. After the box starts up completely, it will automatically begin Guided Setup. During Guided Setup, you will be prompted to enter settings that will allow the box to connect to your network.
- If the TiVo box has already completed Guided Setup, you just need to configure it to connect to your new network. To do this, go to Messages & Settings > Settings > Network & Phone. Select Use network instead if the box previously was connecting to the TiVo service using a phone connection. Select Change network settings if you are setting up the network with a different router. Follow the prompts to connect your TiVo box. For more information, go to How to configure network settings on your TiVo box.
Need additional help? Send us an email.