What do the Buttons on the TiVo Premiere Remote do?
Email this page
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
- The TiVo Button takes you to TiVo Central; pressing it a second time takes you to My shows.
- If programmed, TV Power turns your TV or stereo on/off. For information on programming the TV Power button, go to How to Program my Remote to Control a TV/Stereo.
- The Arrow Buttons are used to navigate the TiVo menus and the program guide.
- If programmed, TV Input changes the input source on your TV. Use this button to select the input the TiVo box is connected to or to switch to other equipment like a VCR or DVD player. For information on programming the TV Input button, go to How to Program my Remote to Control a TV/Stereo.
- Select is used in the TiVo menus or the Live Guide to choose menu options or shows to record.
- Zoom button allows you to adjust the aspect ratio between Full, Panel, and Zoom.
- If programmed, Volume increases and decreases the volume on your TV or stereo. For information on programming the Volume button, go to How to Program my Remote to Control a TV/Stereo.
- If programmed, Mute turns off the audio of your TV or stereo. For information on programming the Mute button, go to How to Program my Remote to Control a TV/Stereo.
- Record starts recording the show you are currently watching.
- Thumbs Down lets you give shows you don't like a negative rating. You can give a show up to three thumbs down. These ratings are used by the box to choose programs to record for TiVo Suggestions.
- Play will start playing a recorded show from Now Playing. When you are using pause, rewind, fast-forward or slow, pressing Play will resume playing at normal speed.
- Pause freezes a recorded show or live TV. Pressing it again resumes playback.
- Back (rewind) rewinds a program. Press it up to three times for three speeds. Press it a fourth time to resume playing. When the box is paused, it allows you to go back frame-by-frame.
- Instant Replay repeats the last 8 seconds of the program on a recording or live TV. Press and hold to jump to the beginning of a show.
- In TiVo with HD menus, the A-B-C-D buttons sort and filter views. Look for the onscreen tips for how to use these buttons.
- Number buttons allow you to enter channel numbers.
- Clear removes the channel banner on live TV or a recorded program. You can also use it to delete programs from Now Playing.
- The Remote Activity Light indicates when a button on the remote is pressed.
- LiveTV takes you to live TV from the TiVo screens. If you’re watching live TV, use it to switch tuners.
- Info allows you to see the channel banner while watching live TV; pressing it again makes it disappear. It also allows you to see the Program Details screen while in the program information screen, giving you additional information about the program.
- Guide takes you to the TiVo Live Guide where you can choose programs to watch or record. Pressing it again clears the guide from the screen.
- Channel/Page up/down changes the channel on the box and allows you to page up or down while in the TiVo menus.
- Thumbs Up lets you give shows you like a positive rating. You can give a show up to three thumbs up. These ratings are used by the box to choose programs to record for TiVo Suggestions. In TiVo with HD menus, you can also use the Thumbs Up button to mark any video provider, category, or collection as a favorite.
- FWD (fast-forward) fast-forwards through a program. Press it up to three times for three speeds. Press it a fourth time to resume playing. When the box is paused, it allows you to advance frame-by-frame.
- Slow plays a recording or live TV in slow motion.
- Advance scans forward in 30-second increments; press and hold to jump to the end of the show. While viewing a recorded show, press Advance to jump to the next tick mark when fast-forwarding or rewinding.
- Enter/Last returns you to the last channel the box was tuned to in live TV. In the program guide, press Enter/Last to see Guide Options.
Or were you looking for What do the Buttons on the TiVo Standard Remote do?