TiVo Mini: FAQ
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
TiVo® Mini is a convenient, all-purpose companion to your 4-tuner TiVo DVR. Connecting TiVo Mini to another TV in the house makes it easy to access live TV, recorded shows, and web entertainment. You can also schedule recordings and perform WishList® searches.
Now you can start a show in the living room and finish it on your TiVo Mini in another room.
TiVo Mini delivers the intuitive, easy-to-use TiVo experience you know and love.
If you experience problems with your TiVo Mini, refer to TiVo Mini Troubleshooting.
If you received your TiVo Mini from your cable company, please refer to TiVo Mini FAQ & Troubleshooting (Enterprise Operators)
About TiVo Mini
What can I do with my TiVo Mini?
With TiVo Mini, you can:
- Stream and watch Live TV with full Trick Play functions
- Pause a show in one room and resume it in another
- Stream recorded shows to another DVR
- Access your Roamio Series DVR or 4-tuner Premiere Series DVR through your Ethernet or MoCA home network to schedule recordings, WishList searches and Season Pass recordings
- Share web entertainment from another TV, including movies and music from Hulu Plus, Pandora, Spotify, YouTube, and other broadband content providers
- Stream HD recordings to up to three TVs
Tivo Mini does not have a tuner or hard drive, and does not need a CableCARD. Additionally, Mini is compatible with 3D programming.
What does TiVo Mini cost?
Check the TiVo Store for current pricing.
What happens if I cancel before my one (1) year commitment is finished?
An early termination fee may apply if you cancel your TiVo Mini monthly subscription before the end of your one (1) year commitment.
What is in the TiVo Mini box?
- 1 TiVo Mini
- 1 standard TiVo remote (batteries included)
- 1 power adapter
- 1 6' HDMI cable
- 1 Start Here poster (Installation Guide)
- TiVo Mini has the following specifications:
- 1 HDMI (also carries audio)
- 1 component video (via breakout cable, available in the TiVo Store)
- 1 composite video (via breakout cable, available in the TiVo Store)
- 1 HDMI (also carries video)
- 1 stereo L/R (via breakout cable, available in the TiVo Store)
- 1 MoCA (used only for MoCA networking, not for cable TV input)
- 1 Ethernet
- 1 USB port
- Resolution button
What does TiVo Mini get from the host DVR?
TiVo Mini is a client device. It depends on the host DVR to provide:
- Program guide data
- Tuners (for Live TV streaming and QAM-based VOD)
- Multi-Room Streaming content
- My Shows
- Remote Scheduling
- Channel Locks
- Thumb Ratings
- Discovery Bar
- Poster Art
NOTE: If TiVo Mini loses connection to your home network, this data will not be available.