Spotify on TiVo Premiere Series DVRs
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
Spotify is a membership-based music service that gives you unlimited access to millions of full-length CD-quality tracks. Listen whenever you want, get personalized music suggestions tailored to your musical tastes, and take your music with you wherever you go.
You can listen to Spotify through your Premiere series DVR, a desktop application on a PC or Mac, or compatible mobile devices. For more information, click here.
NOTE: A Spotify Premium membership is required to use Spotify Premiere Series DVR.Spotify is available on the following TiVo DVRs:
- TiVo Premiere
- TiVo Premiere XL
- TiVo Premiere 4
- TiVo Premiere XL4
What do I need to listen to Spotify on Premiere Series DVRs?
In addition to a Spotify Premium subscription, you must also have a compatible TiVo DVR connected to your home network and running software version 20.2.2 or higher.
To check your software version, go to TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Account & System Information > System Information.
NOTE: If your DVR has not yet received software version 20.2.2 or later, please see TiVo software version information.
To use Spotify on your Premiere Series DVR you need a Spotify Premium subscription. With this membership, you get access to the entire Spotify catalog and full functionality of the Spotify on TiVo application, so you can build a library of song titles that you like and play them whenever and wherever you want. The Spotify Premium subscription comes with a 30-day free trial.
Before you can access Spotify on TiVo, you must sign up for a Spotify Premium membership on the Spotify website. You will be required to enter a credit/debit card to start your membership, which will be billed the monthly recurring fee for Spotify Premium once your 30-day free trial ends.
For more information, see Spotify New 30-Days Free Trial Terms and Conditions.
To log into the Spotify app:
1. From TiVo Central, go to Music & Photos > Spotify. Press SELECT to launch the application.
2. Enter your Spotify Premium username.
NOTE: Press the blue B button to access capital letters and special characters.
2. Highlight OK and press SELECT.
3. Press the DOWN arrow to enter your password.
Remember! You can use the yellow A button to show or hide the password characters.
4. Highlight OK and press SELECT.
5. Press SELECT to sign in.
You can access your Playlists one of two ways:
1. Using the arrow buttons on your remote, move up and right to Playlists and press SELECT.
2. Press the yellow A button , arrow right to Playlists, and press SELECT.
To ‘star’ a song so that it is included in your Starred playlist, play the song and press THUMBS UP. You can also press INFO and select the option to ‘star’ the song.
To remove songs from your ‘Starred’ playlist, simply click the star next to each track name.
You cannot sort, rename, delete, add or remove songs from your other playlists using the Spotify Premiere Series DVR app at this time.
No. Your Playlist songs are not stored on your TiVo DVR’s hard disk. Your library is stored on Spotify servers and accessed by your TiVo DVR using the Internet. Save as many songs as you like – you will still have as much room as before on your DVR for all of your favorite shows.
You can search the Spotify catalog by Track, Album, or Artist.
You can access the search function one of two ways:
1. Using the arrow buttons on your remote, move up and right to Search and press SELECT.
2. Press the yellow A button , arrow right to Search, and press SELECT.
At this time, parental controls cannot be applied to songs available through Spotify. However, the Spotify catalog contains both clean and explicit versions of many songs.
Yes, with a paid subscription you can access the same library of songs from any form of Spotify -- Spotify on your computer, Spotify on your mobile device, and Spotify Premiere Series DVR.
To access songs locally stored on your computer or mobile device from Spotify Premiere Series DVR, simply ‘star’ the song or add it to an accessible playlist using the Spotify computer or mobile application.
When you launch Spotify, it will display the newest songs and albums available through Spotify. While playing a song, you can browse more songs, albums, or songs by that artist, as well as browse similar artists by pressing the INFO button on your TiVo remote.
You can exit one of three ways:
- Press CLEAR on your TiVo remote.
- Using the arrow buttons, highlight Exit at the top right of the screen. Press SELECT.
- Press the yellow A button , use the RIGHT arrow to highlight Exit, and press SELECT.
- If the Spotify application is visible in your Music & Photos menu and you are experiencing problems (such as difficulty logging in to your account or playback issues), visit the Spotify website.
- If the Spotify application is no longer visible in the Music & Photos menu and your DVR is connected to your home network and can access the Internet, contact TiVo Customer Support .
- If the Spotify application causes a general performance issue with your TiVo DVR (such as rebooting or freezing), contact TiVo Customer Support .
NOTE: If your TiVo DVR has not received software version 20.2.2 or later, please see TiVo software version information.