TiVo in Canada
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
At present, the Series2 DT box, TiVo service, and the TiVo Wireless Adapters are available in Canada.
TiVo Series3 and Premiere series boxes are not available in Canada due to the unavailability of CableCARD decoders.
To activate your TiVo, do the following:
1. Go to tivo.com/canada.
2. Enter your TiVo service number and email address, and Continue.
3. Complete all steps of the activation process.
NOTE: When entering your account information, be sure to select Canada Address.
4. Once you’ve finished the activation process, complete Guided Setup on your TiVo box.
5. During Guided Setup:
On Series2, Series2 DT, Series3 boxes: You will be asked to enter your zip code. Press DISPLAY or INFO on your TiVo remote to enter a Canadian postal code. If you are not given the option to enter a Canadian postal code, you may need to upgrade the box software.
On Premiere and Premiere XL boxes: You can select Canada on the first screen of Guided Setup and enter a Canadian postal code when prompted.
On Premiere 4 and Premiere XL4/Elite boxes: While you can select Canada in the Guided Setup, because these boxes only support digital cable with CableCARDS, you will not be able to use these boxes to watch LiveTV in Canada.
TiVo boxes must be running software version 7.2 or later to accept Canadian postal codes and to choose Canadian programming lineups during Guided Setup. Most postal codes are accepted. To check your Software Version, see TiVo Software Version Information.
If you have a Series2 box and you are not given the option to enter a Canadian postal code during Guided Setup, you may need to update the box software. Follow the directions below to update your box with software that will accept Canadian postal codes.
1. Complete Guided Setup on your TiVo box using a valid U.S. ZIP Code. For the quickest results, use the zip code 82327 and choose antenna or cable without a box as your programming source when choosing your lineup.
2. Force several connections to the TiVo service to receive the latest TiVo box software update.
- To connect to the TiVo service, press the TiVo button on your TiVo remote to go to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Phone & Network > Connect to the TiVo Service now.
- When your box has downloaded the latest software version, the Last Status for the Service Connection on the System Information screen will indicate Pending Restart. (For instructions on viewing system information, see How Do I Access the System Information Screen?)
- To complete the software update, your box needs to restart. You can wait for it to restart itself overnight or you can go to TiVo Central and select Messages & Setup > Restart or Reset System > Restart the TiVo DVR.
3. Once your box restarts, repeat Guided Setup and enter your Canadian postal code.
For the latest information on purchasing a TiVo box in Canada, please see tivo.com/canada. TiVo is not yet available in the province of Quebec.
No. Unfortunately, TiVo is not able to ship to Canadian addresses at this time.
The TiVo Series2 box is capable of receiving cable broadcasts as well as satellite broadcasts (works as a single tuner with satellite input).
For a list of available price plans, please tivo.com/shop
Note: All charges and fees for the TiVo service are in US dollars.
No. The TiVo service is currently only available in English.
The TiVo service includes features such as Smart Scheduling, Season Pass, WishList search, Online Scheduling, and KidZone. A broadband-connected TiVo box has access to even more exclusive TiVo features including Multi-Room Viewing, TiVoToGo, Free Web Video Downloads and more.
TiVo is currently unable to offer the following features in Canada: Amazon Instant Video, Rhapsody, YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, and Browse Movies & Buy Tickets.