How to Perform a Global Reset for my Remote Control
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
This procedure will reset all of the key functions on the remote, clearing the remote address, TV and A/V codes, as well as any programmable buttons.
To perform a global reset of your remote control:
- Cover the end of the TiVo remote control with your hand.
- Press the TiVo button and the TV Power button simultaneously until the red light (amber light for Premiere Series DVRs) comes on.
- Press Thumbs Down 3 times, followed by Enter. The red light (amber light for Premiere Series DVRs) on the remote should go out. If the light does not go out, repeat this step.
- Remove your hand from the end of the TiVo remote control.
- (TiVo Slide Pro and Slide remotes only) Pair the remote to its USB receiver. For instructions, go to Using the TiVo Slide Remote.
- You can now reprogram your remote. For information on programming the remote, go to How to Program my Remote to Control a TV/Stereo.
NOTE: If you have a Premiere, Glo, or Slide remote, the light will be yellow.
NOTE: If the incorrect button is pressed, press Clear to start over.
This information is only for TiVo-manufactured DVRs. If you need further help, please contact your manufacturer.