How do I perform a global reset for my remote control?
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
IMPORTANT: The following procedure will reset all of the key functions on the remote, clearing the remote address, TV and A/V codes, as well as any programmable buttons.
To perform a global reset of your remote control, perform the following steps:
1. Cover the end of the TiVo remote control with your hand.
2. Press the TiVo button and the TV POWER button simultaneously until the red light (amber light for Premiere boxes) comes on.
NOTE: If you have a Premiere, Glo, or Slide remote, the light will be yellow.
3. Press Thumbs-DOWN 3 times, followed by ENTER. The red light (amber light for Premiere boxes) on the remote should go out (if it does not, repeat this step).
NOTE: If the incorrect button is pressed, press Clear to start over.
4. Remove your hand from the end of the TiVo remote control.
5. (TiVo Slide remotes only) Pair the remote to its USB receiver. For instructions, go to Pairing the TiVo slide remote.
6. You can now reprogram your remote. For information on programming the remote, go to How do I program my remote to control a TV/stereo?
This information is only for TiVo-manufactured DVRs. If you need further help, please contact your manufacturer.