TiVo Software Version Information
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
What's new in version 20.4.6
Software version 20.4.6 introduces the following features:
- The TiVo OnePass feature automatically finds all of your episodic content from all available sources and organizes this content into user-configurable OnePass™ groupings in your My Shows list.
- The OnePass Manager enables you to find, prioritize, and modify your OnePass selections. The OnePass Manager replaces the Season Pass Manager.
- The stand-alone streaming video feature enables you to add a movie or a single episode or season of a TV show as a separate stand-alone streaming video item in the My Shows list.
- Updates to the My Shows screen allow you quickly to find, organize, and view recordings and streaming videos.
- Power Saving Settings allow you to set your TiVo DVR to four settings.
- Off: At this setting, the DVR does not automatically time out into Standby mode, and TiVo Suggestions will continue to be recorded.
- Low: At this setting, the DVR is programmed automatically to time out into Standby mode after four hours of inactivity.
- Medium: At this setting, the DVR similarly is programmed automatically to time out into Standby mode after four hours of inactivity.
- High: At this setting, the DVR is programmed automatically to time out into Standby mode after two hours of inactivity.
- Premium Sideloading enables you to move premium content from your TiVo DVR to your iOS device, by using the TiVo App for iOS version 3.5 or later.
- The Amazon Instant Video app was updated on all retail Premiere Series DVRs. This update allows for streaming of Amazon content as well as access to the Amazon Prime library for Prime subscribers.
Series Folder includes recordings and streaming videos for a single series organized in one folder. Movies and single episodes of a series display as individual items in My Shows.
Not Currently Available Folder contains movies and shows that you specified for inclusion in a OnePass selection, but that are not currently available from any source.
Streaming Movies Folder organizes available standalone streaming videos for movies.
NOTE: Power Savings Settings are set to Off. Enable or disable by choosing Settings & Messages > Remote, CableCARD & Devices > Power Saving Settings
Features/functionality fixed in this release
- Modifications to a Season Pass selection in an SD menu now will display the correct channel settings.
- The delete dialog on the TiVo Mini no longer will be unresponsive when using TCP to control the TiVo DVR.
- Recordings will not duplicate when you delete a single episode recording from a Season Pass selection.
- Thinking animation will appear when you create or update a Season Pass selection.
- Playback between client and host devices will not experience a V87 Lost Connection Error.
- Amazon launch point now will appear under My Shows.
If you need help with any issues pertaining to this software release, visit the Additional Support Documentation article.
From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Account & System Information > System Information. The software version is listed on the Software Version line of the System Information screen.
NOTE: If the device is in Guided Setup, press the following sequence of buttons on the TiVo remote to display the software version: Thumbs Up, then Thumbs Down, then Pause, and then Play. To resume Guided Setup at the point you left off, press Select.
The tables below show the latest version of the software for each TiVo Service Number prefix. When comparing this to the version in your System Information screen, disregard any numbers and/or letters that follow the version numbers listed below.
NOTE: These versions apply to devices purchased at retail or from tivo.com. If you are leasing a TiVo device from a TiVo cable partner, your latest software version might be different.
Roamio Series DVRs
First 3 digits of the TiVo Service Number (TSN) Model Number(s) Manufacturer and model Current software version 840 TCD840200 Roamio Pro 20.4.6 848 TCD848000 Roamio Plus 20.4.6 846 TCD846500 4-Tuner Roamio 20.4.6
First 3 digits of the TiVo Service Number (TSN) Manufacturer and model Current software version A93/A92 TiVo Mini 20.4.6
First 3 digits of the TiVo Service Number (TSN) Manufacturer and model Current software version A94 TiVo Stream 20.4.6
Premiere Series DVRs
First 3 digits of the TiVo Service Number (TSN) Model Number(s) Manufacturer and model Current software version (HD menus) Current software version (SD menus) 746 TCD74650 Premiere (Retail - 500GB) 20.4.6 20.4.6 750 TCD75050 Premiere 4 (Retail) 20.4.6 20.4.6 758 TCD75825 Premiere XL4/Elite (Retail) 20.4.6 20.4.6 746 TCD74632 Premiere (Retail - 320GB) 20.4.6 20.4.6 748 TCD74800 Premiere XL (Retail) 20.4.6 20.4.6
First 3 digits of the TiVo Service Number (TSN) Model Number(s) Manufacturer and model Current software version 658 TCD658000 TiVo HD XL 11.0k/11.0m 652 TCD652160 TiVo HD 11.0k/11.0m 648 TCD648250b TiVo Series3 HD 11.0k/11.0m
Series1 & Series2 DVRs
First 3 digits of the TiVo Service Number (TSN) Model Number(s) Manufacturer and model Current software version 649 TCD649080
TiVo Series2 Dual Tuner 9.3.2/9.3.2b/9.3.2c 595 DRT400
Humax Series2 DVD Writer 9.3.2 590 T800
Humax Series2 9.3.2 565 RS-TX20
Toshiba Series2 DVD Writer 9.3.2 540
TiVo Series2 9.3.2/9.3.2b 542 TCD542040
TiVo Series2 9.3.2/9.3.2b 275 box-810H-S
Pioneer Series2 DVD Recorder 9.3.2 First 3 digits of the TiVo Service Number (TSN) Model Number(s) Manufacturer and model Current software version 264 SD-H400 Toshiba Series2 DVD Player 9.3.2 240 TCD240040
TiVo Series2 9.3.2/9.3.2b 230 TCD230040 AT&T/TiVo Series2 9.3.2/9.3.2b 140 TCD140060
TiVo Series2 9.3.2/9.3.2b 130 TCD130040 AT&T Series2 9.3.2/9.3.2b 110 SVR3000 Sony Series2 9.3.2/9.3.2b 010 SVR2000 Sony Series1 7.3 002 HDR112
Phillips Series1 7.3 000 HDR112
Phillips Series1 7.3
Software updates are automatically downloaded to your TiVo device by the TiVo service as they become available. After the download, the device must restart to install the software. The restart is usually scheduled for the middle of the night, to avoid interrupting scheduled recordings or live TV viewing.
To receive the update sooner, make two more manual service connections until Pending Restart is displayed as the Last Call Status. For instructions, see How do I connect to the TiVo service? If you are using a phone line to connect, be aware that the download can take a significant amount of time, during which you will not be able to receive phone calls or make outgoing calls. If you have voicemail that takes messages when your phone is busy, your callers should be able to leave messages.
If you have a new device, your box will download a software update during Guided Setup and then will reboot to install the software. After the reboot, Guided Setup will resume automatically. It can take from 1-2 hours to complete this initial Guided Setup. If your cable provider is sending a technician to install your CableCARD, please make sure you set up your new TiVo device and complete Guided Setup before the installer arrives.
All other devices will receive the latest software on the second successful connection after completing Guided Setup. This is because when the device connects to the TiVo service during Guided Setup, only one day of program information is downloaded, to allow you to start using your TiVo device right away. The first connection after Guided Setup downloads the rest of the program guide data. Depending on the connection schedule, and whether the device is set up to use broadband or a phone line, it may take from one to several days before you see the new software features on your TiVo device.
Once the software is downloaded, the Last Status on the Phone and Network Connection screen will show Pending Restart; this indicates that the box will restart at approximately 2 AM to install the software. To speed up installation, you can restart it manually. For instructions, see How do I restart or powercycle the box?
Need additional assistance? Chat with a TiVo representative.
To get help from other TiVo users, visit the TiVo Help Forums.