My DVR Powers On, But I Don't See Any Screens
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
If the TiVo DVR powers on (indicated by a green LED light or noise from the disk or fan), but you cannot see the TiVo screens, perform one or more of the following steps:
- Make sure that power is connected to your TV and that it is turned on.
- Press the TiVo button on your remote control to make sure the DVR is not in Standby mode.
- Verify that you have video cable (either a coax, composite, s-video cable, component or HDMI) connected from the DVR output to the TV input.
- Is the video signal passing through a VCR, DVD recorder, or A/V reciever?
- If it is, try turning the power on, or off, depending on the device.
- If it is not, go to Step 6.
NOTE: Sometimes VCR input selections are listed as 0 or 1. If there is no input button, try changing the VCR channel to 0 or 1.
NOTE: Most TVs have an input button that says TV/Video, Input, or Source. Sometimes it is on the TV, and sometimes it is on the remote control. Other TVs have an Input channel on 0, 1, or 2.
NOTE: If you change the cables to a different type, you may need to adjust the input settings on your TV as well as any devices the DVR's video output passes through.
NOTE: If you can now see TiVo screens, connect each component one at a time and adjust the settings of each device to make sure that you can still see the TiVo screens.
If you still cannot see anything, please contact TiVo Customer Support for assistance.