My program was not recorded or was deleted early
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
There may be many reasons that a program did not record. To ensure your programs are recorded and saved as long as you desire, refer to the following information:
NOTE: To find out why a program was not recorded, or was deleted, from the To Do List, highlight View Recording History. For more information, go to What is View Recording History?
1. Ensure that the cable or satellite box is always powered on The TiVo Digital Video Recorder (DVR) cannot power-on your cable or satellite box when it is time to record, so be sure to leave your cable or satellite box powered on at all times.
2. Be aware of recording conflicts The Overlap Protection feature will inform you of any recording conflicts when two programs overlap by 5 minutes or less. In the event that you are unable to choose which recording is clipped, the lower priority program will be clipped. To determine priorities for programs, go to What is the Season Pass Manager and how do I change the priority of repeat recordings?
NOTE: Some conflicts will cause recorded programs or scheduled recordings to be deleted earlier than expected. Other conflicts will cancel upcoming recordings.
3. Be aware of the priority of your repeating recordings Season Passes, auto-recording WishLists, and manual repeating recordings are listed in order of priority in the Season Pass Manager.
NOTE: For more information about the Season Pass Manager, go to What is the Season Pass Manager and how do I change the priority of repeat recordings?
4. You can save recordings as long as you want You can decide how long a recording will be saved. When scheduling a recording, highlight Options; then under Keep At Least, select the desired setting.
After the program is recorded, you can select it from:
TiVo with HD menus: Go to TiVo Central > My Shows > Select the program > More options > Keep until.
TiVo with SD menus: Go to TiVo Central > Now Playing List > Select the program > Keep until...
5. Some network schedule changes are unavoidable If a network changes its schedule after you set up a recording, and the new time causes a conflict, the DVR will record whichever program has the highest priority. The DVR cannot notify you of this kind of conflict.
6. Using the Overtime Scheduler may create conflicts The Overtime Scheduler is used to add time to the beginning or end of a recording. Even a one-minute overlap between two recordings will cause a conflict and one of the recordings will be canceled.
NOTE: For more information about recording options, go to Recording options.
7. Internal error 4 message in the Recording History The DVR was unable to record the previously scheduled program due to an internal error. This error is rare and should not recur. In the unlikely event that you should encounter such an error message again, you will need to powercycle the DVR. For information on powercycling the DVR, go to How do I restart or powercycle the DVR?
8. Reached "Keep at most" limit For Season Passes and WishLists, you can limit the number of shows that record. To change your "Keep at most" limit, from TiVo Central go into Season Pass Manager select the program; select Change recording options; highlight Keep at most and then choose your "Keep at most" limit.
9. Recording "First run only" programs For Season Passes and WishLists, you can choose to record only the first run showings of a program. To edit this feature: from TiVo Central go into Season Pass Manager, select the program; select Change recording options; highlight Show type and then select an option.
10. 28-Day rule Season Passes and WishLists were designed to ignore the same program broadcast within 28 days. To edit this feature: from TiVo Central go into Season Pass Manager, select the program; select Change recording options; highlight Show type. Select "All (with duplicates)".