The beginning or end of my program was cut off
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
There are several reasons why the beginning or ending of a recording may be cut off. It will help determine why a recording may have been cut off if you first view the Program Details screen. You may see "(Partial)" listed next to the duration of the recording.
If you see "(Partial)" listed next to the duration of the recording, one of the following probably happened:
- If someone changed the channel during the recording, the end of the program would have been cut off.
- If power was lost, part of the recording will be missing or cut off.
- If the video signal was lost during the recording, part of the recording will be missing or cut off.
- If your TiVo DVR has CableCARDs installed and an Emergency Alert Message was in progress when the recording was supposed to start, the beginning of the recording will be missing.
If you do not see "(Partial)" listed next to the duration of the recording, one of the following probably happened:
- If the network broadcasts the program earlier or later than the scheduled time, either the beginning or ending may be cut off. You can use the Overtime Scheduler to add padding to your recordings. For more information, see below.
- If the time on the DVR is not in sync with the program guide, the beginning or ending of your program may be cut off. For more information, see How is the time set on my TiVo DVR and how can it be reset?
- Your recording may have been clipped for a higher-priority recording. If the recording was clipped, there will be a notation at the bottom of the Program Details Screen. Check the order of priority for your Season Passes if you wish to prevent this from happening to certain programs. For more information, see Overlap protection.
Add Padding While You Are Scheduling a Recording:
- The Program Information screen that appears when you select a program includes the choices Record This Episode and Get a Season Pass. Highlight one of these options and then press SELECT, then highlight and SELECT Options. Change the Start Recording or Stop Recording options as appropriate.
Add Padding to a Live Event
- Add padding when recording a live broadcast of an event such as a football game or concert by responding to the prompt to add extra time. Go to Does the TiVo DVR accommodate live events that run overtime? for more information.
Add Padding to Any Recording on the To Do List:
- From TiVo Central, select Find Programs, then To Do List.
- Select the program that you want to change. On the next screen, select Options. Change the Start Recording or Stop Recording options as appropriate.
Add Padding to the End of a Program that Is Currently Recording:
- Highlight the program on your Now Playing screen and press SELECT. Highlight Change recording options. Change the Stop Recording options as appropriate.