My DVR Does Not Power On
Email this page
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
Try these steps to get your DVR to power on
- Powercycle the DVR. For instructions, see How do I restart or powercycle the DVR? If your DVR does not power on after you powercycle, continue to Step 2.
- If your DVR is in Standby mode, it will appear to be without power. To exit Standby mode, press the Live TV or TiVo button on your TiVo remote.
- Test the wall outlet with another component or a lamp to make sure it works.
- If your DVR is plugged into a power surge strip, unplug it and reconnect the DVR power cord to a wall outlet.
- Once you have the DVR plugged into a working outlet, check the front of the DVR for activity lights. If you don't see any lights within 60 seconds, feel the back of the DVR for the fan.