My DVR is frozen on an image from live TV, a recording or a TiVo screen
*All fields required unless otherwise indicated.
If your TiVo box is frozen on an image from live TV, a recording, or a TiVo screen, perform the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Check your TiVo remote control. Does the red LED light at the top of the remote control flash when you press a button?
- If Yes, go to Step 2.
- If No, go to My TiVo box does not respond to my TiVo remote control.
2. Unplug the network adapter, phone cord, or Ethernet cable from the back of the TiVo box, and then disconnect the power cord. Wait 15 seconds, and then connect the power cord again. You should see the 'Welcome. Powering up... ' screen and your system will restart within a few minutes. When the TiVo box has finished restarting, reconnect the network adapter, phone cord or Ethernet cable.
3. If the TiVo box is connected to a cable box or satellite box, check if your program source is frozen.
- Unplug the box for 15 seconds, and then plug it back in again.
- If you still have the issue, connect your cable or satellite box directly to your TV. If the image is frozen when connected directly to your TV, contact your cable or satellite provider for assistance.
- Reconnect the cable or satellite box to the TiVo box. If the image is frozen again, contact TiVo Customer Support.
4. If your TiVo box is plugged into a power strip, try plugging it directly into a wall socket.
- If there is a DVR Expander connected to your TiVo box, disconnect the My Expander power cord and unplug the eSATA cable. Wait 15 seconds and then reconnect the DVR Expander power cord and eSATA cable. If the TiVo box restarts correctly, go to DVR Expander troubleshooting to check for general performance issues with the drive.
- If your TiVo box is still frozen, or if it begins to freeze repeatedly, contact TiVo Customer Support.
Need additional assistance? Chat with a TiVo representative.
To get help from other TiVo users, visit the TiVo Help Forums.