Devices on TiVo Experience 4 (software version: 21.x or earlier)
3. Check the Channel value for Tuner 1, which is on the first page of the Diagnostics screen. If you do not see the one you want, use the Channel Down button to scroll to the information for Tuner 2.
4. Once you find the channel number, look below it for the CCI byte setting. If the CCI Byte setting is N/A, the channel is analog.
Note: Your cable provider must repair (bind) the CableCARD to its slot in the TiVo box before you can view content with any CCE vale other than 0x00
Analog signal issues that may cause false copy protection
1. If an analog signal is weak or noisy, it may cause the TiVo box to incorrectly flag a program as copy protected. To determine whether a program is being flagged appropriately, remove any splitters or RF modulators (which weaken the signal strength) between the wall cable connection and the box.
2. If the program is still being flagged as copy protected, connect the cable directly from the wall cable connection to a VCR. If the program is still being copy protected, the broadcaster is marking the program as copy protected.
3. If the signal is too weak, placing a line amplifier between the wall cable outlet and the box may improve the signal enough to allow the box to accurately determine whether copy protection should be applied.
4. Finally, the signal can be over-amplified or too noisy. If you have one or more line amplifiers between the wall cable outlet and the box, you may want to remove one to see if the box stops flagging content as copy protected.
Multi-Room Viewing, Multi-Room Streaming, In or Out of Home Streaming and TiVoToGo
|Last Modified Date||5/7/2020 5:14 PM|
|Title||Copy Protection: FAQ|