Tuning Adapter Installation
1. Install your CableCARD(s) and confirm they are activated by ensuring you can view all the non-SDV channels in your cable package.
CableCARDs are required for decrypting programming and for decoding copy protection on your channels. CableCARD(s) must be working properly before you can test the operation of a tuning adapter.
2. Remove the coaxial cable from the TiVo device.
3. Attach the coax cable from the wall to a coax splitter.
4. From the coax splitter, connect one coax cable to the tuning adapter, and one to the TiVo device.
5. Connect the USB cable from the tuning adapter to the TiVo device.
Note: TiVo EDGE and TiVo BOLT users: always connect the USB cable to the TOP USB port.
6. Plug in the tuning adapter power cable.
The tuning adapter will start up and download a channel map, which contains information the TiVo device requires to tune to your channels. While the channel map is loading, you will see "Please wait. Acquiring Channel Information" in Live TV.
Your cable provider may require you to call to activate your Tuning Adapter before the adapter can download the channel map. If you still see "Please wait. Acquiring channel information." after 20 minutes, contact your cable provider.
- Make sure the Tuning adapter is hooked correctly.
- Tuning adapter light must be solid. If blinking, then reboot.
- If the issue persists, refer to your carrier.
7. Once the channel map is loaded, test your channels.
If you are using a MoCA network and a TiVo Bridge with your setup, you will need an additional split in the coax line. See MoCA Networking: Help for a diagram of this setup.
To test tuning operations using the Tuning Adapter, go to:
Devices on TiVo Experience 3 (Software Version 20.x):
- TiVo BOLT Series & TiVo Roamio Series: TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Help > Account & System Info > Tuning Adapter > Test Channels
- TiVo Premiere Series DVRs: TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Account & System Info > Tuning Adapter > Test Channels
Press Channel Up/Channel Down or enter channel numbers on the remote to tune to channels and make sure you can see video. If you have any issues, please see Tuning Adapter: Troubleshooting or contact your cable provider.
- TiVo Series 3 and earlier DVRs: TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Account & System Info > Tuning Adapter > Test Channels
Devices on TiVo Experience 4 (Software Version 21.x) : HOME > HELP > ACCOUNT & SYSTEM INFO > TUNING ADAPTER > Test Channels
For more information about switched digital video and Tuning Adapter operation, go to How Switched Digital Video Impacts Me: FAQ or contact your cable provider.