Apps on TiVo: General Troubleshooting
Use this article when a streaming app (e.g., Netflix, Prime) on the TiVo is not working or is missing from the list in Apps on TiVo's with high definition menus. Also, see the app-specific articles for additional troubleshooting and information.
1. Force a Connection to the TiVo Service to ensure that the TiVo device is connected to the network and has the latest software.
2. Make sure the app is listed and checked in My Video Providers (or Video Provider List):
Devices on TiVo Experience 4 (Software Version: 21.X)
Menu path from HOME
TiVo EDGE TiVo BOLT TiVo Roamio
APPS > ADD & MANAGE APPS or Check it via Video Provider Accounts HELP > ACCOUNT & SYSTEM INFO. > VIDEO PROVIDER ACCOUNTS
Note: Only Netflix and Vudu will surface in Video Provider Accounts because these Apps have to be enabled to surface on the Apps section.
Devices on TiVo Experience 3 (Software Version: 20.X)
Menu path from TiVo Central
TiVo BOLT TiVo Roamio TiVo Premiere HDUI
Apps > Add & Manage Apps
If the app is unchecked:
1. Check the app (press Select while the app is highlighted).
2. Force a Connection to the TiVo Service
3. The app should now work and/or show up in the app list. If it does not, follow the instructions under "If the app is checked," at right.If the app is checked:1. Uncheck the app (press Select while the app is highlighted).
3. Return to Add and Manage Apps and put a check mark in the box next to the app name (see Step 3, above, for the menu path).
4. Force another connection to the TiVo Service.
5. Sign out of the app and back into it.
6. Restart or Powercycle the TiVo DeviceNote: This article does NOT cover the TiVo Apps for iOS and Android. See the links below for TiVo App info:
TiVo App for iOS TiVo App for iOS: Installation TiVo App for iOS: Use TiVo App for iOS: Troubleshooting
TiVo App for Android TiVo App for Android: Installation TiVo App for Android: Use TiVo App for Android: Troubleshooting