This article outlines how to install the TiVo App on your Android device.
To update the TiVo App:
1. Go to Play Store App 2. Choose the TiVo App and tap Update
The TiVo Mobile App for Android supports the following Android versions:
9 and higher for Android
6.x to 8.x are compatible, but functionalities may be limited
Note: Due to relatively low number of users using TiVo mobile and Fire TV apps on Amazon Phone, Tablet and FireTV devices, TiVo is sunsetting TiVo Mobile and FireTV application support for Amazon phone, tablet and FireTV devices. TiVo Mobile apps for Android is still supported and available for Android Play Store enabled devices. This step allows us to focus in the right direction and maximize benefits for larger TiVo user base.
The following TiVo devices are compatible:
TiVo EDGE Series
TiVo BOLT Series
TiVo Roamio Series
TiVo Premiere Series
Setting up your TiVo App for Android
1. Verify if you have Android 6 or later on your mobile device, and the latest software version on your TiVo device. Update when necessary. To verify if you have the latest version of the TiVo software, please seeHow to Force a Connection to the TiVo Service.
2. Choose Play Store.
3. Search for TiVo.
4. Tap INSTALL to download and install the TiVo App
5. Open the TiVo App on your Android device.
6. Enter your TiVo.com Email address and Password and tap Sign In.
7. Choose the DVR you want to use with the TiVo App. Note: You can change this to a different device by going to Menu > Choosing the TiVo device from the drop-down menu.
8. Complete streaming setup. In-home streaming is the default selection. You can also set upOut-of-Home Streaming if the TiVo App discovers a device that is compatible.
Note: Out-of-Home Streaming must be set up when you are on the same network as the TiVo device.
In-Home Streaming, Out-of-Home Streaming, and Offline modes
In-Home Streaming: The TiVo App is in In-Home Streaming mode when your Android device and TiVo device are on the same network. An example of this is when your Android and TiVo device are connected through the same wireless router. All functionalities are available while In-Home streaming.
Out-of-Home Streaming: If the Android device and the TiVo device are on different networks, not all functionalities will be available.
Offline mode: When no network connection is available, the TiVo App is in Offline mode. You can play any recordings that are downloaded to your device, but most other options are unavailable.
A Connect button in the upper right of the screen lets you access any available network.
To find out more about the TiVo App on Android, please see the following articles: