Error: "Problem playing recording" after a successful setup
Some TiVo App for iOS customers have reported that they receive an error after setting up the app with a standalone TiVo Stream. The app reports that the setup successfully completed, but when streaming a program, the error "Problem playing recording" appears. This issue will be fixed soon. In the meantime, perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
1. Force a Connection to the TiVo Service 2. In the TiVo App for iOS, restart the TiVo Stream.
If the above steps did not resolve your issue, Contact TiVo Support.The TiVo Stream's status LED never turns solid white
This means that the TiVo Stream is unable to acquire an IP address from the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server.
1. Check that you have securely connected the Ethernet cable to the TiVo Stream and the router or wall outlet.
2. Is the link LED (the light on the right side of the Ethernet connector) lit and solid?
Yes: go to Step 3. No: Go to The link LED on the Ethernet Port will not light up.
3. Make sure you have DHCP enabled on the router.
Note: If you need assistance, please contact your router manufacturer.
4. Power cycle your network equipment and TiVo Stream.
5. If you are using MAC filtering, disable it until the TiVo Stream has been fully set up.
If the above steps did not resolve your issue, Contact TiVo Support.The link LED on the Ethernet Port will not light up
It can take up to 5 minutes for the Ethernet and solid white light on the TiVo Stream to light up. Be sure you have waited at least this long before you continue troubleshooting.
1. Unplug and plug the Ethernet cable back in.
2. Try another Ethernet cable.
3. Are you connecting to your network directly through the router or with a MoCA ECB?
I am using a router: Try a different port on your router. If the light does not come on, go to Step 4. I am using a MoCA ECB: If available use another ECB. If you do not have another ECB available, connect the TiVo Stream directly to your router. If the light comes on, the problem is your MoCA network or the ECB. You may need to exchange/replace your ECB.
Important: Wireless connections are not supported with the TiVo Stream.
4. If the above steps did not resolve your issue, Contact TiVo Support.
There is no TiVo Stream Setup option in the TiVo App
Ensure you have installed the latest version of the TiVo App for iOS and android. To find your current version, open the TiVo App and go to Settings (the gear icon) > Settings> Version.The TiVo App is unable to find the TiVo Stream or displays a "TiVo Stream Not Found" error message
1. Verify that you have properly connected your TiVo Stream to your router with an Ethernet cable. 2. Confirm that you have connected your TiVo Stream to a power outlet. 3. Confirm that you have all of your TiVo equipment and iOS device(s) connected to the same network and subnet.
Note: For assistance, contact your router manufacturer.
4. Verify that the light on the TiVo Stream is solid white. 5. Power cycle your TiVo Stream and your router.I have multiple TiVo Streams and I cannot find the MAC on any of them
This situation occurs if you have purchased multiple TiVo Streams and use MAC filtering on your network.
To resolve this issue:
1. Remove all the TiVo Stream devices from your network. 2. You will need to complete the setup steps one at a time, on each box. Go to “How do I set up my TiVo Stream?” for setup instructions.My TiVo Stream will not complete Step 2: Checking activation status
Verify if your TiVo Roamio Series or Premiere Series DVR are running the latest Software version. Your TiVo Stream is not compatible with your TiVo Roamio and TiVo Premiere.If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you may also refer to the following links: